FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Lizbeth G. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:59:26 -0600
The SOUTHERN ACADEMY OF LEGAL STUDIES IN BUSINESS only sent one call out
this year and I am concerned that some of our usual participants may have
disposed of it in File 13 presuming that a FINAL CALL would be forthcoming.
SO, HERE IS YOUR VERY LAST CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM FOR OUR 1999
MEETING.

SALSB will meet on March 11-13 in Houston, Texas.  We meet in conjunction
with the Southwestern Federation of Administrative Disciplines (SWFAD).  You
can get more complete information on SWFAD at :
http://www.swfad.swt.edu/subweb/papers.html

A partial call for papers for SALSB is at:
http://www.swfad.swt.edu/subweb/SALS_pprs.htm

Unfortunately, this page does not tell you what you have to do to get on the
program.  The deadline for papers per the Call is postmarked by tomorrow -
Sept. 15.  However, I noticed that Brian Reithel with SWDSI is stretching
his -- so I guess  I can do the same.  I will consider all submissions
RECEIVED by the end of this week (Friday Sept. 18 at 5:00 p.m. Mountain
daylight time).  Please submit by FAX at 505-646-2820 or by e-mail sent to
[log in to unmask]  Send an abstract no longer than 250 words, together with
the name, telephone number, institutional affiliation , address and e-mail
address of EACH AND EVERY AUTHOR.  Tell me if you are willing to be a
moderator too.  If you use e-mail, please put all this in the body of the
e-mail or in an attachment in Word Perfect 7.0 or lower format.  I really
prefer faxes.

Each person involved in presenting the paper must register with both SALSB
and SWFAD (about $70-80 combined).  In order to submit the paper for
publication in the referreed proceedings and the journal, every author must
pay SALSB dues (which was included in the registration fee if they came to
the meeting) of $61.

We will have a great socializer/dinner, information will be sent to
registrants.  We usually have great publisher exhibits and demonstrations.
I look forward to hearing from any of you who are interested!

Liz

Lizbeth Griffin Ellis, Associate Professor
New Mexico State University
P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3FIN
Las Cruces, NM  88003-0001