FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1998

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael McLain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:07:28 -0700
I am very interested in fake degrees.  I worked with a faculty member who
claimed to have a degree in business from Clark Atlanta, a Ph.D.  Clark
Atlanta does not offer a Ph.D. in business.  I called them and the Registrar
verified the person had a degree.  Any ideas about determining the exact
nature of the degree and how the person obtained it?

At 11:46 AM 9/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>That there are fraudlent diploma and transcript outlets is well known to the
>attorneys representing colleges and univesities, based on the flow of
posting to
>the NACUA listserv.  It is an endless process of commercial discovery and legal
>action to close them down, with a several month lag for each bad apple.
Just goes