MUSH Archives

September 1998

MUSH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jennifer Weathers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Speech & Hearing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:19:35 -0500
If anyone is interested, I have two possible job opportunities available.  The
first one would be a couple hours a week in the evenings with two boys with
severe language delays and some autistic-like characteristics.  They are
brothers ages seven and eight.  They live in Hamilton, about 1/2 hour from
Oxford.  The job would only entail going to their house one or two nights a
week (depending on your schedule and how much you want to work) and spending a
couple of hours on language, homework, and play therapy.  They have just
started at a special education school in Cincinnati so a lot of the work would
just be helping them with their homework in math and reading.  The mom's name
is Dianne Fitton and the boys are Vaden(8) and Andrew(7).  They are both very
sweet children but are lacking severely in social skills.  Andrew is also
hyperactive, but this has improved enormously since they have been on a special
diet.  She pays very very well!!

The second possibility is working with an eight-year-old girl with Down
Syndrome.  This would only be about one hour a week at first for one person and
then maybe more as time goes on.  This job would be more for tutoring in school
subjects and helping with homework.  She does not like to work with her mother
so the mother thought an "outsider" would have more luck. I think the pay for
this would start at 10-15 dollars an hour, but don't quote me on that. She also
lives in Hamilton, but her house is only about 15 minutes away.

If you would like more information on these jobs, call me or e-mail me.  My
home phone number is 856-7338 and my e-mail is [log in to unmask]
--Jennifer
Jennifer Anne Weathers                       [log in to unmask]
Speech Language Pathology                    [log in to unmask]