FACULTYTALK Archives

March 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 22:42:08 -0600
We are in the Sweet 16!  Go Bears of SMS!  Did you see our victory over
Tennessee!  (That was the game you needed to watch . . . rather than our
upcoming battle with Duke.  I'll be on a plane coming home from the MBAA-MALSB
meeting when the latter is played Friday.)

Carol Miller
Southwest Missouri State University

Talk" <[log in to unmask]> =====
>DANIEL HERRON wrote:
>>
>> Well, since ALSBTALK has been quiet on the issue, I thought I would liven
things up by pointing out some obvious items with my fellow ALSB members (all
in good fun!!)........

>> where is that powerhouse Indiana University in the
NCAA's....eliminated.......where is the entire PAC 10....eliminated......where
is the vaunted University of Cincinnati....eliminated....where are those Tar
Heels....eliminated.....where is that
>Miami of Florida team....eliminated.....where are those Tennessee
Vols....eliminated......where is the national runners-up
Utah......eliminated....oh, my.......who could have eliminated mighty Utah,
who had not lost since December?  Why it was
>little Miam
>> Too often, we, who teach at places like Miami and Gonzaga and Southwest
Missouri State, don't often get to run with the big dogs, athletically, that
is.......well, the time has come....three #10 seeds, one #12 seed, and one #13
seed in the sweet
>sixteen!  Forgive our gloating....we don't get to do it that
often.........but I will say this....Duke, watch out! Kentucky, beware!

>> Wouldn't a #10 Gonzaga-#10 Miami-#12 Southwest Missouri State  combination
in the final four just be scrumptious!!!!

>> Of course, reality may hit home big time this coming weekend....but it's
been a wonderful run for all the little schools!!!