FACULTYTALK Archives

March 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Linnea McCord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:55:19 -0800
Colleagues:  I want to thank all of you for your comments.  Yes - it is
interesting that this subject still comes up.  It shouldn't.  After all,  I
just attended a global economics conference here in L.A. and it was very
clear at the conference that the American legal system and its attitude
towards enforcement is one of the key reasons capital flocks to the U.S.
and why other parts of the world are have economic problems.  In addition,
I believe we're not just teaching law - we're teaching critical thinking
and analysis, presentation and writing skills.  Last time I "looked" - this
is exactly what employers were saying they wanted MBA grads to have - and
found in short supply!!!!  Regards,  Linnea

At 09:33 AM 3/24/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Although my memory leaves much to be desired, I recall that the AACSB
>standards recognize the JD as "a" terminal degree for teaching LEB/BL, but
>not as "the required" terminal degree.  I hope that my memory is faulty
>with regard to this question; if so, would someone please correct me.
>
>John Allison

Linnea Bernard McCord
Chairman
Accounting, Law & Finance
The Graziadio School of Business & Management
Pepperdine University
Phone:  (310) 568-5539
Fax:    (310) 568-5778
email:  [log in to unmask]