FACULTYTALK Archives

September 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
blanke_j <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:49:06 -0400
I have a question that may sound ignorant (and I apologize for that) about
something that I'm sure has previously been much discussed.  How do I convince
my school that law reviews are appropriate outlets for my publications even
though they are not technically "peer reviewed?"

We are now in our third year of AACSB candidacy, and life, as we knew it, has
changed :)  There are incentives for us to publish in "refereed" journals, and
I know there will be questions about student-edited works.

If any of you have any advice I would greatly appreciate any (public or
private) responses.  Thanks.

Jody Blanke
Professor of Computer Science and Law
Stetson School of Business and Economics
Mercer University
3001 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
(770)986-3313  FAX: (770)986-3233