FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Allison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:29:13 -0700
I just spoke with a behavioral decision theorist/cognitive psychologist who
makes his living doing behavioral research.  He confirmed what I thought:
You do not need Research on Human Subjects Approval (RHSA) for surveys or
interviews.  You do need it if you are subject people to controlled
behavioral experiments in lab settings, but not for what we are
contemplating.  You obviously must deal with the issue of informed consent,
however.

John Allison