FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joan Kritzberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:48:53 -0700
California State University, San Bernardino has a so-called foreign
language requirement in the general education program.  Students are
required to take two 4-unit quarters of a new language or one quarter at
the intermediate level of a language they started in high school.  OR, they
can take one quarter of "Literature in Translation," and not learn any
foreign language at all.

We have an International Business concentration in our B.S. that requires
three courses in a foreign language above the intermediate level or
demonstrated equivalent language proficiency.