FACULTYTALK Archives

October 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:02:59 PDT
Hello,

These discussions of late have brought up a question for me -- Can anyone
suggest any materials (e.g., business cases, textbook, research, etc.) that
would be useful for teaching law from the perspective of gaining a
compeitive advantage?  I would sure like to show the students how law
managed well provides financial returns.  Any ideas?

Also, I am trying to find an interesting "split" issue for students to
research.  Something that is relatively easy to understand and research,
that has two different viewpoints held in a variety of states or circuits,
and would be fun for the students to research and debate over...  Any ideas
here?

Thanks in advance!

Robert Bird
Adjunct Professor (I come cheap, but my classes arent!)  :)
Fairfield University