ATEG Archives

November 1999

From:
"Albert E. Krahn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:37:28 -0600
Perhaps the discussion could use a reload or refresh.
Why not include in it the reasons for teaching grammar.
We don't teach math just for the fun of it.
We don't teach civics just for the fun of it.
We don't teach X just for the fun of it.
Most subjects are thought to have some ultimate use.
Why should one teach grammar?
What does one say to the unwashed when they ask?
akra (devil's advocate here)
Albert E. Krahn
PLEASE REPLY TO [log in to unmask]
(alternate, [log in to unmask])
http://online.milwaukee.tec.wi.us/eng-201 (course)
http://punctuation.org (home page)
PUNCT-L, a mailing list for the discussion of punctuation