FACULTYTALK Archives

November 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:53:10 -0500
We now know of two different meetings at which proposed changes to both
curriculum and exams by the AICPA are being discussed. I have asked
before if any of you know of colleagues who might be going to one of
them. I am repeating the message as John Bagby has highlighted another.
Unfortunately, I doubt we could afford to send someone specifically to
the Boston meeting, but if you have a colleague who is going to either
and you feel comfortable a) asking them to listen carefully and b) ask
some appropriate questions re the role of business law, I would like to
hear from you.

The meetings are:

1. The AICPA's accounting educators conference is to be held at the
Sheraton Framingham in Mass. on Nov 12 & 13, 1999.

2.  The Federation of Schools of Accountancy meeting in Costa Mesa
California Dec 5-7.  Jim Highsmith will attend this meeting. Also, my
spouse and hopefully a colleague of mine from my school.

If you want any further information about these two meetings, please let
me know. If we have any members who are roughly in the vicinity of the
first meeting and could get funding from their schools to attend, could
you please get back to me ASAP. While I believe at least some of the
same speakers will be at both, it would be good if our message could
also be heard at both.

Sally Gunz