FACULTYTALK Archives

December 1999

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Lizbeth G. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:39:43 -0700
I had such great luck with my last posting that I decided I had to ask for
something more (give a little and they just want more, more, more!).  Does
anyone know of a good film that illustrates the importance of business
concern for our physical environment?  It could be one that shows the
consequences of disregarding the environment (legal and otherwise) or one
that illustrates how businesses are working to improve the environment.
There have been some articles in Bus Week on Patagonia, and I think there
might be a film, but I hate to use it as an illustration because it is
privately held and I think the issues are much harder in a publicly held
company.  Any other suggestions?  (Reminder:  I am using it in an
introductory business class, not a BLAW or Legal Environ. class, although
some environmental law content would be good.)  Thanks in advance to anyone
who can help!  Happy New Year - lets all hope we can still send email next
week!
Lizbeth Griffin Ellis, Associate Professor
Legal Studies in Business
New Mexico State University
P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3FIN
Las Cruces, NM  88003-0001