The ATHG web page has not been updated for a long time.  Such as it is, the page is at

http://www.history.ohio-state.edu/ATHGroup/default.htm

At 08:27 PM 10/5/2000 -0400, lpletten wrote:
Dear Alcohol and Temperance History Group, [log in to unmask]:

        Do you have a website? We're doing a combination of educational material providing, and activism, promoting 'temperance' by reference to medical data, and court precedents, primarily of the 19th century (giving the old perspective, buttressed by modern medical research, showing alcoholism to be primarily among tobacco users), at our http://medicolegal.tripod.com/preventalcoholism.htm
and http://medicolegal.tripod.com/prohibitionsuccess.htm - so are looking for additional resource material that may be useful for adding to/revising/correcting/improving our sites.  As this perspective (alcoholism as primarily a tobacco user behavior) is now generally disregarded, we want to be as correct as possible. 'People in glass houses can't throw stones,' i.e., err - we get enough flak already!  So improvements are always sought.

        If you ahve a website with material pertinent to this, we'd love to know.

Sincerely,

TCPG
http://medicolegal.tripod.com/tcpg.htm
http://medicolegal.tripod.com/effects.htm

K. Austin Kerr
Professor of History, Ohio State University
Columbus Ohio 43210
voice: 614-292-2613
fax:    614-292-2282
e-mail: [log in to unmask]