Los Angeles Times wins 5 Pulitzers
----------------------------------
Thirteen journalism prizes and seven prizes in the arts have been
announced by the Puulitzer committee, each worth $10,000 (€8,200). The
Los Angeles Times won five - breaking news (for the California fire,
covered by 90 reporters), US national reporting, editorial writing,
criticism and feature photography - the second-highest total in the
87-year history of the awards, administered by Columbia University. In
the arts, Edward P Jones won the fiction prize for 'The Known World',
about a black slave owner. In history, the winner was Steven Hahn for 'A
Nation Under Our Feet', on black political struggles in the rural south.
Anne Applebaum's Gulag won general non-fiction, while William Taubman's
Khrushchev won biography. Drama went to Doug Wright for 'I Am My Own
Wife'. Music went to Paul Moravec for Tempest Fantasy, and poetry to
Franz Wright for Walking to Martha's Vineyard.

Source: http://media.guardian.co.uk/presspublishing/story/0,7495,1187423,00.html
- Media guardian

Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE for 2 months!