Florida Conference of Historians call for papers

The 44th annual Florida Conference of Historians will be held March 17-19, 2005 in Tampa, Florida. We welcome single papers and whole panels in any field of history. We welcome papers from college faculty, high school teachers, and graduate and undergraduate students from anywhere in the world. The keynote speaker will be Nancy A. Hewitt, Distinguished Professor of History from Rutgers University. She is the author of _Southern Discomfort: Women’s Activism in Tampa, Florida, 1880s-1920s._

The conference will be held at the Doubletree Guest Suites Tampa Bay at 3050 N. Rocky Point Drive West. Mention Florida Conference of Historians to get the group rate of $115 plus tax per night. Hotel reservations must be made by February 17, 2005 and can be made by calling 1-800-222-8733 or 813-888-8800. The hotel is located on scenic Tampa Bay, adjacent to causeway beaches, and has a heated outdoor pool. All rooms have bay views.

Deadline for submission of papers is December 1, 2004.

Submit paper and panel proposals via email or send to the address below.

Registration before March 1, 2005
Full time employed professionals $100
Graduate students and adjuncts $90
Undergraduate students $80

Late registration is $110, $100, $90 respectively.

Please send checks to:
Dr. Steven MacIsaac
FCH Treasurer
Division of Social Sciences