I'm happy to see this!  One of the basic arguments made by today's temperance movement is that the distiction between the (legal) addictive, brain-damaging drug alcohol and other (illegal) brain-damaging drugs is an artificial legalism not grounded either in physiology or in behavior. Alcohol is a drug, and it should be treated the same as other recreational drugs.