Real action is in silent moments.
The face of Garbo is an Idea, that of Hepburn an Event.
Advice is seldom welcome and those who want it the most always like it the least.
Executive ability is deciding quickly and getting somebody else to do the work.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
The fox has many tricks. The hedgehog has but one. But that is the best of all.
It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees.
In my end is my beginning.
Nothing can come of nothing.
Formal education will make you a living self-education will make you a fortune.
To boldly go where no one has gone before.
It is only too easy to make suggestions and later try to escape the consequences of what we say.
To advise is not to compel.
If poetry is like an orgasm, an academic can be likened to someone who studies the passion-stains on the bedsheets.