When our knowing exceeds our sensing, we will no longer be deceived by the illusions of our senses.
You name it and I've done it. I'd like to say I did it my way. But that line, I'm afraid, belongs to someone else.
We owe a deep debt of gratitude to Adam, the first great benefactor of the human race: he brought death into the world.
I really think that effective acting has to do literally with the movement of molecules.
People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.
To see him act is like reading Shakespeare by flashes of lightning.
Give neither counsel or salt till you are asked for it.
Give me the ready hand rather than the ready tongue.
The gods sell to us all the goods which they give us.
Why don't you want to do what you know you should do? The reason you don't is that you're in conflict with yourself.
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
Divorce is probably of nearly the same date as marriage. I believe, however, that marriage is some weeks the more ancient.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Let us move from the era of confrontation to the era of negotiation.