Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.
A library is thought in cold storage.
In my hut this spring, there is nothing -- there is everything!
The secret of getting things done is to act!
When a man is out of sight, it is not too long before he is out of mind.
The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks according to his action.
The most difficult character in comedy is that of the fool, and he must be no simpleton that plays that part.
We will burn that bridge when we come to it.
The rich are always advising the poor, but the poor seldom return the compliment.
Never give advice in a crowd.
I've never know any trouble than an hour's reading didn't assuage.
Action without a name, a ''who'' attached to it, is meaningless.
Acting on a good idea is better than just having a good idea.
The hand that rocks the cradle rules the nation and its destiny.