What is a hero without love for mankind.
The great difficulty in education is to get experience out of ideas.
Abstainer. A weak man who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
There is a woman at the beginning of all great things.
There is a heroism in crime as well as in virtue. Vice and infamy have their altars and their religion.
The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
A sub-clerk in the post-office is the equal of a conqueror if consciousness is common to them.
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood.
It takes two to destroy a marriage.
All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it.
When you look at me, when you think of me, I am in paradise.
When my horse is running good, I don't stop to give him sugar.
It takes a great man to give sound advice tactfully, but a greater to accept it graciously.
Heroism feels and never reasons, and therefore is always right.