Better Counsel comes overnight.
A man who strains himself on the stage is bound, if he is any good, to strain all the people sitting in the stalls.
Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.
Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.
What you get free costs too much.
Wicked people are always surprised to find ability in those that are good.
The fellow who does things that count, doesn't usually stop to count them.
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience
Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.
Ability will never catch up with the demand for it.
It is odd but agitation or contest of any kind gives a rebound to my spirits and sets me up for a time.
Dust is a protective coating for fine furniture.
The longest absence is less perilous to love than the terrible trials of incessant proximity.
America is not a blanket woven from one thread, one color, one cloth.