Talk well of the absent whenever you have the opportunity.
I don't believe in accidents. There are only encounters in history. There are no accidents.
We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.
A hero is someone right who doesn't change.
There is no crime of which I do not deem myself capable.
The beginning of an acquaintance whether with persons or things is to get a definite outline of our ignorance.
You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.
If you don't make things happen then things will happen to you.
The face of Garbo is an Idea, that of Hepburn an Event.
Cats and monkeys monkeys and cats all human life is there.
High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.
The struggle alone pleases us, not the victory.
We owe a deep debt of gratitude to Adam, the first great benefactor of the human race: he brought death into the world.
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.