Dear Friends:

I'm pleased to announce the official launch of the Daily Register, the Alcohol and Drugs History Society's new website.  The site is intended as both a resource and a regular diversion for those studying or simply interested in any aspect of alcohol and drugs history.  The Daily Register, which replaces the old ATHG website, will be updated on a daily basis with news, publications, including book reviews, book chapters, and online articles, or other resources of interest to members of our group.  I encourage you to visit the new site.  When you do, read the "Welcome" message at the top to find out more about it and how to contribute to it.

The new website is also the online home of The Social History of Alcohol and Drugs: An Interdisciplinary Journal (SHAD).  To coincide with the debut of the website, Volume 18 of the SHAD has been published online before it appears in bound-print form.  Follow the link below to access and download the contents of the journal.

In anticipation of the launch, the Daily Register has built up an extensive archive of alcohol and drugs-related information and resources.  And this archive will continue to grow - just as the site will continue to evolve.  As the Daily Register's editor, I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank David Fahey for his tireless help in building the site's content.  I should also like to thank Jon Miller for his amazing skills and guidance in helping me design the site.

I hope that members of the group will find the ADHS Daily Register to be a useful resource.  I also hope that members will gladly make visiting the site part of their regular web routine.

Best regards,

Matthew McKean

ADHS Daily Register

http://historyofalcoholanddrugs.typepad.com/

SHAD Volume 18

http://historyofalcoholanddrugs.typepad.com/alcohol_and_drugs_history/SHADTOC.html

PS: Do pass this announcement on to anyone who you think may be interested in the website.