Any suggestions? Perhaps the lantern simply illuminated the doorway. Begin forwarded message: 0000,0000,0000From: "William E. Allison" <<[log in to unmask]> 0000,0000,0000Date: February 7, 2005 11:19:15 PM EST 0000,0000,0000To: <<[log in to unmask]> 0000,0000,0000Subject: Fw: IOGT website RE: ArialDear Mr. Fahey: ArialI sent this message to the IOGT some time ago and they replied today,  that they had no record of such an item, or a lodge in the Havana, IL area.  They did, however give me your name and told me you had written books on the Good Templars.  Arial A retired teacher friend of mine looked up your name and came up with this address.  I wonder if you know anything about this lodge.  I am attempting to forward you the e-mail I sent to them on the subject.  Perhaps if you have time you could tell me what you know about the item, or the lodge.  Thank you very much for your time.   Arialrespectfully, Arial   ArialWilliam E. Allison Arial0000,0000,EEEE[log in to unmask]   Arial----- Original Message ----- Arial From: 0000,0000,EEEEWilliam E. Allison ArialTo:Arial 0000,0000,EEEE[log in to unmask] ArialSent:Arial Saturday, January 01, 2005 9:37 PM ArialSubject:Arial IOGT website RE: ArialI am seeking information on an object I found in a building we just purchased in Havana, Illinois.  While checking the attic, I came upon a three sided box with glass on two of the sides.  It has a metal chimney on the top and was apparently lighted by a candle or a lamp.  I suspect it hung on the front of the building  some time ago.  Looking down on it from the top, it is triangular in shape.  One of the glass sides is on hinges, and it opens to insert the lamp. (or candle) I suspect.  On one side it has Havana, Illinois, Lodge 259 I.O.G.T. painted in red on the outside of the glass.  On the door side it has I.O.G.T  Hall painted in black on the inside. I never measured it but it is probably 16" Tall and each side is probably at least a foot wide.  It is made of wood.  Probably hand made from the looks of it.  Arial The Masonic Lodge in Havana used to own the building, and we thought It might have something to do with them,  but one of the members looked at it yesterday and called me later to give me your web site.  They did not think they had any connection with it.  We are probably talking something from the late 1800's or early 1900's.  Arial I would appreciate any information you could give me.  We really would like to find out what it is.  Arial Thank you very much for your time.  Our address is:   ArialAllison's mini mall Arial228 W. Main Street ArialHavana, IL 62644   ArialE-mail 0000,0000,EEEE[log in to unmask]   ArialRespectfully.   ArialWilliam E. Allison