ArialI was recently doing research online on the IOGT and came across reviews of your book which led me to contact you. I am a historian researching community life on Whidbey Island, Washington State, during the 1860s, and discovered that an IOGT chapter formed there in 1866.  [Pretty early for Washington as white settlement did not begin in earnest here until 1850]. I recently found photos of two of the groups charter members and I am wondering if you can help me with a question I have. Both of these individuals were pictured with the same symbols on their person: a ribbon around their neck with a round medallion or medal of some kind, with a small key [?]at the bottom of the ribbon. I have been trying to determine if these were symbols of IOGT membership and would very much appreciate hearing from you if you know anything about this. For your information, I will attach copies of the images. Arial   ArialI very much appreciate any help you can give.   ArialMany thanks!   ArialTheresa L. Trebon ArialContinuum History and Research Arial10619 Sterling Road ArialSedro-Woolley, WA  98284 Arial360-856-6532    0000,0000,EEED[log in to unmask] [I will be glad to forward the picture to anybody who might be able to help. Unfortunately, the list is not set up to send pictures. DMF]