Before the A*CENSUS project started, we had identified 60-65  separate
associations serving professional archivists in the U.S.  An  analysis of A*CENSUS
data suggests that the actual number of  associations is significantly higher,
perhaps more than 80!

You can see a complete list of the associations we have identified to date
at _http://www.coshrc.org/connections/archivalassns.htm_
(http://www.coshrc.org/connections/archivalassns.htm) .

SAA and COSHRC have worked together over the last couple of years to
facilitate communications among all of the archival associations in the  U.S.  Quick
and effective information sharing is especially  important when challenged,
like we are today, with responding to the  proposed reductions in NHPRC and NARA
funding.

One or more A*CENSUS respondents said they belonged to the following
organizations.  I would appreciate hearing from leaders (or members) of  these
organizations to verify that the organizations do exist and to add one or  more
representatives from each of them to our contact list.   If they have websites,
please send the URLs as well.

Archivists for  Religious Congregations of New Orleans
Archivists/Librarians of  Fairfield County Historical Societies
Arizona Paper and  Photograph Conservation Group
Chicago Area Business  Archivists
Chicago Area Medical  Archivists
Curators and Archivists of  Lancaster County (PA)

Five College Archivists (CT  River Valley, MA)
Metroplex Archivists (Dallas-Ft  Worth)
Miami Valley Archives  Roundtable
Portland Area  Archivists
Siouxland Archival  Consortium
South Willamette Archivists  and Curators
Southeast Florida  Archivists Group
Southern California  Archivists
Spokane Area  Archivists
Springfield (MO) Area  Archivists