See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42684-2005Feb21.html for
my letter published in today's Washington Post, "Pressures Archivists Face."
It is challenging to distill into a mere 235 words some of the issues I've
discussed here on the List, I tell ya!  You all know how wordy I can be.

Also see http://hnn.us/articles/10256.html for an article, "Presidential
Tapes and Transcripts: Crafting a New Historical Genre,"  By Sheldon M. Stern and
Max Holland
HNN notes, "Mr. Stern served as the historian at the John F. Kennedy Library
in Boston from 1977 through 1999 and worked extensively with the Kennedytape
recordings as they were being processed for release from 1983 to 1997. Mr.
Holland, a contributing editor at the Nation magazine, was a research fellow with
the Presidential Recordings Program at the Miller Center of Public Affairs
from 1998 to 2003."   Needless to say, I posted a number of comments over weekend
and yesterday, when I was home for the Federal holiday.

Maarja