From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Dave
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: re cataloguing digital photographs

Greetings to all from Australia- I am currently webmaster/photographer for a
community cycling group. Although we have only been in existence for one
year our archive of photographs is growing rapidly. One of our primary
reasons for existence is advocacy liasing with local and state Government
bodies for cycling facilities. Already I am often being asked to provide
photographs of previous activities for media and various Government agencies
and I need to set up a database now to facilitate tracking photographs
before I get overwhelmed with the material.

Our budget is limited and we use existing members' facilities for most
operations so I wish to use MS Access (or Excel if that is considered
better) which are already loaded on my desktop and laptop comps.

I would appreciate suggestions for catgeories to index by; any online
references- any information which might help. My tertiary training is in
education, music and (some) technology- not archiving!! So all suggestions
gratefully received.

cheers
Dave McLeod
Hervey Bay
Queensland
AUSTRALIA
 <http://www.herveybaybug.premierhost.com.au/>
http://www.herveybaybug.premierhost.com.au/
Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org. For the terms of
participation, please refer to

To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to [log in to unmask] In
body of message: SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname *or*: UNSUB ARCHIVES To
post a message, send e-mail to [log in to unmask]