While we're on the subject of antique recording devices, I'd like to mention my current situation...

Yesterday a gentleman brought me a recording device that he believes belonged to his wife's parents.  He came across it in cleaning out the house (to move into smaller quarters).  He couldn't tell me much about it except he thinks that his deceased wife's parents originally owned it.

Yes, this is one of those wire recorders.  Comes with a small collection of wire reels, a few of which are labeled and may have recordings on them.  Today a local gentleman helped me with reattaching the wires that go to the headphones.  Everything appears to be in order, the lights come on when plugged in, and the play/playback/rewind switch clearly works.  I just can't figure out how to put the wire in/through it.  (Actually, I'm making the dangerous assumption that one does put the wire through it.)

There's no brand name or model number that I can find.  But except for having to reattach the headphone to its cord, it seems to be in mint condition.

Now what?  We're all dying (okay, maybe not quite, but definitely anxious) to listen to this stuff.

Any ideas?

Holly Mills
Amherst, VA