I'm taking MLIS distance courses  through the University of Washington
and I highly recommend the program.  The format is flexible enough so
that if you work or have children you can plan out your own schedule,
but it's hard to fall behind because there are weekly assignments.  They
use powerpoint for the lectures with a voice over and there are usually
weekly "office hours" where the professor is available online in a chat
room format.  In addition, there is a bulletin board to post questions
to other students and/or to use to answer questions the professor might
have in conjunction with the readings.

Here is the website address:

http://www.ischool.washington.edu/programs/dmlis/