Hello Archivists,

I have a meeting coming up this Thursday with the Communications
director of the school, the IS head (computer technologies person) and
me (the school archivist).  We plan to discuss "what to do with the
digital photograph cassettes that are piling up in the communications
office" - the ultimate goal is to have all of these digital images come
over to the archives once the communications department is through with
them.

What would be the best way to permanently store these images?  I am
hesitant to say that I should take the discs and store them in disc form
since in years to come I may not be able to retrieve the images from
them, but I am also not keen on the idea of printing each image out on
paper.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that is seasoned in this
area?  I am used to dealing with traditional photographs and this is new
terrain for me.  Can anyone suggest any ideas that I can bring to this
up-and-coming meeting???

Thanks in advance.

Nancy

Nancy Iannucci