From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nancy Iannucci
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Digital photographs

Hello Archivists,

I have a meeting coming up this Thursday with the Communications director of the school, the IS head (computer technologies person) and me (the school archivist).  We plan to discuss “what to do with the digital photograph cassettes that are piling up in the communications office” - the ultimate goal is to have all of these digital images come over to the archives once the communications department is through with them.

What would be the best way to permanently store these images?  I am hesitant to say that I should take the discs and store them in disc form since in years to come I may not be able to retrieve the images from them, but I am also not keen on the idea of printing each image out on paper.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that is seasoned in this area?  I am used to dealing with traditional photographs and this is new terrain for me.  Can anyone suggest any ideas that I can bring to this up-and-coming meeting???

Thanks in advance.

Nancy

Nancy Iannucci

Emma Willard School