it is wise  if the unit has been in storage long to bring the voltage up
slowly as there are  power supply filter capacitors that will either be bad or
need reforming

> Give me a call and I'll try to talk you through it. It's kind of
> difficult just talking about it over e-mail. But I have helped people out
> with these baby's over the phone.
>
> Adrian Cosentini
> 212-563-1999 (ext135)
> 718-506-5893
>

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:43:19 +0000 Holly Mills <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
> > While we're on the subject of antique recording devices, I'd like to
> > mention my current situation...
> >
> > Yesterday a gentleman brought me a recording device that he believes
> > belonged to his wife's parents.  He came across it in cleaning out
> > the house (to move into smaller quarters).  He couldn't tell me much
> > about it except he thinks that his deceased wife's parents
> > originally owned it.
> >
> > Yes, this is one of those wire recorders.  Comes with a small
> > collection of wire reels, a few of which are labeled and may have
> > recordings on them.  Today a local gentleman helped me with
> > reattaching the wires that go to the headphones.  Everything appears
> > to be in order, the lights come on when plugged in, and the
> > play/playback/rewind switch clearly works.  I just can't figure out
> > how to put the wire in/through it.  (Actually, I'm making the
> > dangerous assumption that one does put the wire through it.)
> >
> > There's no brand name or model number that I can find.  But except
> > for having to reattach the headphone to its cord, it seems to be in
> > mint condition.
> >
> > Now what?  We're all dying (okay, maybe not quite, but definitely
> > anxious) to listen to this stuff.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Holly Mills
> > Amherst, VA
> >
> > A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List sponsored by
> > the Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.
> > For the terms of participation, please refer to
> > http://www.archivists.org/listservs/arch_listserv_terms.asp.

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at  www.smecc.org

We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library  - please advise if you have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.                          Phone    623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301  USA

CONFIDENZIALE: Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali
e riservati. Se vi è stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i
destinatari elencati, siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al
mittente. Le informazioni contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, né
utilizzate, memorizzate o copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and may
contain reserved information. If  you are not one of the named recipients,
please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you should not disclose the
contents to any other persons, nor should the information contained be used
for any purpose or stored or copied in any form.