Well I never did!
thwart
curfew

Khamaba kuhle

Surmounting difficulty is the crucible that forms character. Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.

The big will get bigger the small will get wiped out.

For of those to whom much is given, much is required.

Fashion for the most part is nothing but the ostentation of riches.
To administer is to govern: to govern is to reign. That is the essence of the problem.
To see your drama clearly is to be liberated from it.
Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.
The discontented man finds no easy chair.

I have heard people eat most heartily of another man's meat, that is, what they do not pay for.

All men would be cowards if they could.
Life is a perpetual instruction in cause and effect.

A faithful friend is the medicine of life.
An idea is a feat of association, and the height of it is a good metaphor.

When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.

The difficulty in life is the choice.
Some men can live up to their loftiest ideals without ever going higher than a basement.

We are nearer loving those who hate us than those who love us more than we wish.
czars