FYI,

The NABCA annual conference in two weeks has a variety of interesting sessions and seminars.

https://www.nabca.org/media/event/3_68thconferenceregistrationmailer.pdf

"It is the mission of the National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (NABCA) to support and benefit alcohol control systems by providing research, fostering relationships, and managing resources to address policy for the responsible sale and consumption of alcohol beverages."

The "About NABCA" webpage is at  https://www.nabca.org/about/index.php .

18 of the United States use state control systems and I would assume have govt reps in the NABCA.

President Lynn M Walding says:

"Since their inception, the Control Systems have had to balance the paradigm of revenue generation and responsible consumption. This is a practice we must continue to adhere to as we look to the future – especially as alcohol advertising is increasingly under the public’s watchful eye. By Embracing Change and Honoring Tradition, we will continue to positively impact our communities."

Dave Trippel

PS, It would be nice if they allowed some 'scholars' to attend ('audit') the conference for little or no charge.