Hello everyone
A request about secondary sources on German beer culture.  Please reply directly to  Dan Crosswell: [log in to unmask]

Dear Prof Malleck,

A student has proposed to write a paper on an interesting topic; but her literature search has been less than successful. She wants to look at the Bohemian Rhapsody, the advent of pilsner brewing, the wedding of pilsner with the Bohemian glassblowing industry, and the phenomenon of the beergarten culture in Germany; perhaps a bit of speissburgertum and beer consumption thrown in. I am sure you would agree this is an interesting topic--if overly ambitious. The problem is: the dearth of secondary sources. This may be an unwelcome request, but given your capacity as editor-in-chief of SHAD, you may be the person best placed to give us a heads-up on whether there are any sources out there.

By the way, I am from Niagara Falls. I gather from my family the Niagara peninsula has had a beastly hot summer.

Cheers,
Dan Crosswell

Dan Malleck, PhD
Assistant Professor, Community Health Sciences
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave
St. Catharines, Ontario
L2S 3A1