Dear All
A newcomer to the list, I am based at Middlesex University, London. My PhD
research concerns early modern domestic medicine in southwest England. I
wonder if anyone can direct me to sources relating to the use of
distillation in the early modern household, particularly concerning
technical and legal aspects.

I would especially like to know whether legal constraints impacted on
household distillation - were there any licensing or tax restrictions which
might have affected householders in the later seventeenth century and early
eighteenth century?

Many thanks, Anne

Anne Stobart, MNIMH
Consultant Medical Herbalist