Dear All,

Participants in the list serve may be interested in two projects at the Centre for History in Public Health at LSHTM,University of London.

One just completed,is a study of the relevance of temperance to current and future alcohol policy.
Temperance.Its history and impact on current and future alcohol policy (JRF,2005).

Its also available to download from the JRF website at www.jrf.org.uk.

The other  is a new project funded by The Alcohol Education and Research Council on binge drinking in historical and cross cultural context.I attach an information sheet about the research. We would like to get comments  and references from historians  and others.I can paste the text into an e mail if its not possible to circulate attachments.People can reply to me with their ideas.

I look forward to hearing from those who have comments on this topic or references to suggest.All welcome!

best wishes,
Virginia Berridge

Virginia Berridge
Professor of History
Centre for History in Public Health
Department of Public Health and Policy
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street
London WC1E 7HT
Tel:  0207  927 - 2269
Fax: 0207  637 - 3238