Wise-and-Knowing Members of the Listserve~    I have a question:

A young person just contacted the Alaska State Archives to ask for copies of personal medical records with a local doctor, who sold his practice and moved to California.  The subsequent practitioner later terminated business. The caller has a new medical appointment and needs the records to present to tnew doctor.

This person tried to contact her original doctor at a forwarding address in California, but was unable to reach him.  She contacted a couple of medical organizations in Alaska, both of whom referred the patient to the Alaska State Archives.

I told this person the state archives doesn't have any private physician medical records and usually they remain with the practice.  I advised her to go to her pending appointment, explain to the doctor's staff, and rely on their expertise in searching for lost medical records.

BUT

Is there any procedural or searchable information that I am overlooking that may assist my patron?

Thanx in advance for all responses.

Regards,
Larry
Larry Hibpshman, Archivist 2