I did one year, for my staff at Christmas, start them with a Christmas card
that had a call number in the Rare Books stacks; each was different, and
when they got to that book, they found a slip in it sending them to another
number, or area, or map folder,

or whatever.   If you'd like to give them a tour combined with scavenger
hunt, that might be the way and you could utilize all

the rooms with clues of location , number, etc.    I've been thinking about
going out and photographing all the building plaques on campus and coming up
with a scavenger hunt involving words for our undergrads.   We have a local
"treasure hunt" in

Pensacola that offer poetic clues to some public monument, building,
etc.somewhere on that is a word that fits the

Clue given like   _ _ _ _ _ EN_   and the only possible word on the plaque
or building might be Monument.   Under some

Of the blanks is a number.and you take these letters to form a new clue
which might read UNDRTHSTRSNOHLL  for

Under the stairs north hall.that kind of thing.

Dean

Dean DeBolt

University Librarian, Special Collections

John C. Pace Library, University of West Florida

11000 University Parkway

Pensacola, FL  32514-5750

850-474-2213

  _____