Our University is proud that on March 31st that we are hosting Lech Walesa,
Polish Solidarity leader,

to speak on campus.  Our provost was granting an interview to our student
newspaper about this

and as she waxed on and on about Lech, his contributions and place in 20th
Century history, it began

to dawn on her that the reporter had never heard of this person, Solidarity,
the Polish unions, and its

effect in the breakup of Soviet domination.    And of course, I had a
graduate student last year, that

when I asked her to check through our sheet music for marches by Sousa,
she'd never heard of him.

Ah well, back when I rode pterodactyls to school .

Dean

Dean DeBolt

University Librarian, Special Collections

John C. Pace Library, University of West Florida

11000 University Parkway

Pensacola, FL  32514-5750

850-474-2213