From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Bart Ryckbosch
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: Early Friday Funny

I recently received a telephone request form a patron wondering if we had any "archives of prehistoric artists".  I pointed out (admittedly with a grin on my face) that archival holdings of papers by prehistoric artists tend to be scarce, since they would by definition predate the written word. Dead silence on the other end for a minute. Of course some books in the library on the subject of the Venus of Willendorf, cave paintings in Lascaux and Altamira, etc. more than covered what the patron was looking for and everyone was happy in the end.  First time for everything;-)

Bart

I recently asked a group of 5 or so work study students if they know who Dan Quayle is and got only blank, deer-in-the-headlights stares from all of them.

--Maria

--
signature Maria L. Morelli
Archivist