Hello Everyone,

I've been asked to post the following job
announcement to the list. If interested, please
respond as indicated in the announcement.

Thanks,
Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator
Miami University Archives
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Tel: 513-529-6720
Email: [log in to unmask]

Cabinet Office

Appraisal Archivist
PS30–32 $76,469 - $82,311 (=US$)
Bermuda Government Archives

Ref:4367/19/0010/RA/OS

Under the direction of the Government Archivist
the post holder will be a key member of a team
responsible for performing a full range of
records and archives services for over sixty (60)
Government Ministries and Departments, and to the public.

As a member of the Archivist team, the post
holder will provide direct assistance to
government agencies in the development of
classification systems and retention schedules,
and in the appraisal and disposition of
electronic records and electronic record keeping
systems.  The post holder will assist in the
development and implementation of training and
material related to electronic records, and will
also provide descriptive and reference services in the public archives.

Applicants must possess a Masters degree or
equivalent in Archival Science, together with a
Certification as a Records Manager or
equivalent.  Additionally, the position requires
expert knowledge of archival theory and practice;
a high degree of computer literacy; and strong
research, analytical, communication and organizational skills.

A minimum of three (3) years’ post-qualification
experience in a public archives, including a
minimum of two (2) years working in an electronic environment are required.

This position will be offered on a three (3) year
contract term.  Further details on this job
vacancy, our terms of employment and our income
tax free environment can be found at our website
<http://www.gov.bm/>www.gov.bm

Candidates should submit their application to:
Secretary to the Public Service Commission,
Global House, 43 Church Street, Hamilton HM 12,
Bermuda alternatively, email
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]  or fax  441-295-2858
- Closing date: April 19th,2006.  Quoting the appropriate reference number.