From: ARCHIVES automatic digest system
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 12:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ARCHIVES Digest - 1 Mar 2006 to 2 Mar 2006 (#2006-59)

Topics of the day:

  4. Offshore keyboarding?
  ------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:34:38 -0500
From:    "Snow, Carl E." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Offshore keyboarding?

Purdue may be heading into a digitization project that requires
searchable text.  I am familiar with OCR systems for creating searchable
text but I am not aware of companies that do offshore keyboarding.  Has
any one had experience with an offshore keyboarding service?

Typically is the text returned in TEI or just straight ASCII? =20

Any experiences that you have had could be helpful, certainly comments
on accuracy.

Thanks,

Carl Snow
Digital Initiatives Librarian