  From: Connie Jones
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:22 AM
  Subject: non-archival exhibit question

  Sorry for cross posting and sorry for the fact that this isn't an archives related question but I am hoping you can forward this to someone you might know who could answer this question:

  We are in the early stages of working on an exhibit to celebrate 80 years of broadcasting in our area. In our exhibit I hope that we can have something like a motion sensor that would start an audio player of some sort, probably a CD player, that would play old time radio shows or old audio of say Roosevelt. Does anyone know if this is a possibility or if there is something similar that is do-able? I just want it to start when the visitor enters the room and eventually stop sometime after they leave kind of like those passive lighting systems where the lights turn on when you enter a room. Thanks for your time and feel free to send it on to appropriate listservs you might know of.

  Constance L. Jones

  Project Manager

  Business & Media Archives of the Mahoning Valley

  A Division of The Mahoning Valley Historical Society

  (330) 744-7621

  www.mahoninghistory.org