Hello Everyone,

I've been asked to post the following announcement to the list. If
interested, please visit the website cited in the announcement or
contact Karen Novick.

Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator
Miami University Archives
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Tel: 513-529-6720
Email: [log in to unmask]

The Institute is designed for working librarians and archivists who have
preservation responsibilities but limited formal preservation education.
The program includes a full week of classes in New Jersey in fall 2006,
another week in spring 2007, and a final week in fall 2007.  The weeklong
sessions include classroom instruction, some hands-on experiences, and
field trips.  In-between the three weeks of classes, participants conduct
guided preservation planning activities for their home institutions,
including conducting a preservation survey and drafting a disaster plan.
Our instructors are among the most respected professionals in the field
today and are led by Evelyn Frangakis, Chief Librarian for Preservation of
The New York Public Library.

People from 30 states and 3 countries have participated in this program
since it began in 1998.  For a list, and some of their evaluations of the
program, please check the website.

Enrollment in the Institute is strictly limited.

For details about the program and an application form, go to
http://scils.rutgers.edu/pds/pmi.jsp

If you need more information, please contact me.

Karen Novick
Karen Hundert Novick
Director of Professional Development Studies
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies
Rutgers University
4 Huntington Street, New Brunswick, NJ  08901-1071
Phone  732-932-7169
Fax  732-932-9314
Email  [log in to unmask]
Departmental website   http://scils.rutgers.edu/pds/