The Krylon acrylic spray is considered a fixative and often recommended for
artists
using pencil, pastels, etc.   It sprays a clear plastic coating on items and
has been
recommended in archives to cover some of these deteriorated leather
courthouse
books which have reached "red dust" or leather flaking.    I've heard
apocryphal
stories that it can peel off or yellow with time.

It actually does not "preserve" anything, it simply coats to seal flaky
material to paper.
It will provide some waterproofing to items and does give items a shiny
gloss if that's
what you desire.

Frankly, I would not recommend it for anything permanent.  It may be at the
workshop
there was concern over color inks and photograph printing from computer
color printers.  These inks have to be liquid enough to spray on the paper
but dark enough
in color to give vivid colors.  If you are printing photographs on paper,
then spraying
them would make the paper look like a shiny photograph.

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian, Special Collections
John C. Pace Library, University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
850-474-2213