Documents in my archives can be used for historical study, but they can also
be used to study anthropology, sociology, art, music, city planning,
hydraulic engineering, costume design, and a limitless number of other
fields. I have documents from the 1880s that were used by NASA to help plan
a Martian probe.

I don't want to be a spoil sport for an exchange that's been fun and
interesting, but instead of discussing how to better teach history, why
aren't we discussing how we as professional archivists can more effectively
teach students and the public about the nature of archives, the value of
archives, and how to use the documents archives preserve?

Lee

----
Leon C. Miller, Manuscripts Librarian
Special Collections, Jones Hall
Tulane University Libraries
New Orleans, Louisiana 70118
ph: 504-865-5685, fx: 504-865-5761, [log in to unmask]
http://specialcollections.tulane.edu