I came across an archives Website this weekend that lists fairly
substantial researcher fees for use of the archives.  Are other
repositories doing the same or similar things, and what are the reasons?
 I'd also like to learn about archives that have reduced reading room
hours in recent years or have curtailed other services/programs.  What
are the reasons for the changes and what are the results?

Joe Anderson
Center for History of Physics