From: Andy Lanset
Sent: Mar 13, 2006 10:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: blueprints

  Dear Colleagues,

  I am looking for some advice  regarding the storage, handling and safekeeping of blueprints now in a flat file.  I seem to have several types and some are less than blue, while others are brown and gray.  I'm not sure if various types should be co-mingled and what non-acidic paper(s) should be used for separating items.

  The oldest is a 1936 WPA blueprint of our old broadcast tower and would be great to display if done properly.

  Thanks in advance for your suggestions.  Feel free to contact me off the list.

  Andy

  Andy Lanset
Archivist
  WNYC New York Public Radio
  One Centre Street
  New York, NY 10007
  (212) 669-4685

A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List sponsored by the Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org. For the terms of participation, please refer to http://www.archivists.org/listservs/arch_listserv_terms.asp.   To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to [log in to unmask] In body of message: SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname *or*: UNSUB ARCHIVES To post a message, send e-mail to [log in to unmask]   Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web interface at http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html   Problems? Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>

Heather Gunsalus Corey
Archivist
Hillwood Museum & Gardens
4155 Linnean Avenue, NW